Search

Sunday, May 20, 2018

the storm drain looked back at us.

Two nights ago, my dog & I walked past a storm drain on 15th St, just southeast of 6th Ave. A pair of oversized burning amber eyes stared out at us set slightly further apart than humanly normal. After going a quarter block away, I thought wait, should I go back and investigate? Then I figured if it reached out and got me, what would happen to the dog? Or if it grabbed the dog instead, then I would have to descend into the tunnels to rescue or avenge him, probably against superior numbers. We kept walking. Heather, veteran of many more horror movies than I, said we definitely made the right choice, but now I'll always wonder about it.

[For more Tucson underground weirdness, check out this longer blog.]

3 comments:

  1. Justin Beltran: In this case, they are spotting me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, of course they are, if they exist, all the time. But on this occasion, you spotted them back. Who knows how many times the red eyes spotted you without you knowing. ...pleasant dreams.

    ReplyDelete